Change bootloaders grub, isolinux and syslinux menus

Hi,

I would like to have the following menu entries:

Boot System
Boot System with Persistence
Boot System (Failsafe)
Install System

By default the menu has 2 sub menu entries for the install which I do not want. I just want the Install System to point to the normal installation using GUI.

I have copied all the contents of the bootloaders directory from /usr/share/live/build into my config directory. I have also changed the first 3 entries from the syslinux_common file. However there seem to be files for the installer: install_gui and install_start_gui. What is the difference between the 2? I understand that the "start" file is the main menu and the other is the sub menu... but I cannot see how one is linked to the other?

How can I avoid sub menus then?

Also, I can find no entries for the grub menus and in fact if I boot the ISO in EFI mode from VirtualBox, I get the default grub entries and not my modified menu. If I boot normally without EFI, the menu changes.

Sorry for writing long but I have been trying to accomplish this for 2 days now. Any suggestions please?