Re: Btrfs Question

You can boot Live session and having computer connected to Internet.

Then run in a Terminal:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install btrfs-progs

Ready for btrfs-check

But you perhaps need to do something more than checking & fixing filesystem.

El 29/10/22 a les 14:03, Michael Lee ha escrit:
Hello Debian-Live Project Team,

I've only been using Debian (and Linux) for a couple of years now, and a live version has come in most handy more than just once. Thank you for all the diligence and dedication you put into this project.

Unfortunately, I shut down my main machine before all of the data had been written back to permanent storage. Consequently, the bootloader cannot find the system root and hence does not reboot.

The command btrfs-check(8) might solve the problem, but it does not seem to be available on the amd64 live version. I would like to ask if there might be a way to augment the DVD immage as downloaded to add the btrfs-progs package which includes that command. I would like to do this without concocting my own individual version if possible as I am a novice at this sort of thing.

On the other hand, let me ask if  it might be possible to run an apt command and install that package once the live version is up and running.

With best regards,
Michael Lee

--

Narcis Garcia

I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator should fix this against automated addresses collectors.