Re: about versions of live-image sources in the repository

On 24/07/2022 08:58, илья пащук wrote:
but why 2 different toolkits exist?

There are even more toolkits available for creating live images.

whats wrong with live-build, why it is not used for the official images?

There is nothing wrong with live-build. I even would recommend you to use it, there are many others who use it as well.

The hardest part for any toolkit is long-term maintenance. live-build has seen maintenance after a moment of non-maintenance, and it is in a pretty good shape. Debian used live-build, then switched to live-wrapper and soon (when I find the time) it will switch back to live-build again. Most importantly, the automated testing of the live images will reduce the stress of the release team at release day. (See https://openqa.debian.net/group_overview/14)

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus

PS: Adding the mailing list