Re: Unable to boot Debian 11/10 live USB stick on UEFI-only laptop

Please, copy here the complete name of ISO image file you flashed to USB stick.

Narcis Garcia

I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator should fix this against automated addresses collectors.
El 11/2/22 a les 2:54, Flacusbigotis ha escrit:
I have followed Debian's instructions (https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstall#Creating_a_Bootable_Debian_USB_Flashdrive <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstall#Creating_a_Bootable_Debian_USB_Flashdrive>) for creating a bootable USB stick but it fails to boot on my UEFI-only laptop, that is the USB stick is not recognized at all.  In contrast, I am able to create the same for Knoppix 9.1 following their instructions (ie. using flash-knoppix) and it boots just fine.

Some folks on the debian-user mailing list helped a bit with some ideas and think that the issue *could* be due to the architecture of the EFI program that is (or is not) included in the EFI boot folder of the resulting USB stick.

Checking on that idea, I see that the resulting Debian USB stick I have only has a 32-bit EFI program in its boot folder.  Should there also be a 64-bit version there?  FYI, in contrast, the knoppix USB stick has both 32-bit and 64-bit programs.