What is the correct way to switch to backports kernel?

Hi,

I would like for the bullseye live image I'm creating to use the
kernel from bullseye-backports.

I have put "--backports true" in my config file and I can see that
these sources are added to /etc/apt/sources.list.

I do not understand though, how best to actually install the
linux-image-amd64 and its dependencies from the bullseye-backports
suite.

The documentation on installing extra packages just says to give the
package names, but of course, the package names for kernels are the
same as for the regular archive, and the real kernel package
(currently linux-image-5.15.0-0.bpo.2-amd64) will not have a
predictable name at configuration time.

Is the correct way to do this a chroot local hook something like
this?

$ cat config/hooks/live/9000-install-backports-kernel.hook.chroot
#!/bin/sh

set -e

apt -y install -t bullseye-backports linux-image-amd64
apt -y purge -t bullseye linux-image-amd64
apt -y purge -t bullseye 'linux-image-5.10.*'

I mean, it DOES work, just seems a little inelegant.

Thanks,
Andy