Re: Live Boot Menu with GRUB

On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 18:44:50 +0100
Roland Clobus <rclobus@rclobus.nl> wrote:

> Hello sp007,
>
> On 02/01/2022 17:44, sp007@caiway.net wrote:
> > Is there a way to disable this GRUB boot menu and boot automatically
> > into Live?
>
> The documentation for GRUB:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub/html_node/Simple-configuration.html
>
> GRUB_TIMEOUT=0: to boot immediately without displaying the menu
> GRUB_DEFAULT=0: will select the first entry for booting
> GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden: will not show the GRUB menu at all

I tried to set this in config/includes.chroot/etc/default/grub

But that does not work.
Where  should I place these entries?

> > I want to remove the fail-safe mode.
>
> You can use: lb config --bootappend-live-failsafe=none

Yes, this succeeded

> > What is the way to change the menuentry "Live system" into menuentry
> > "My distro"?
>
> No, it is hard coded at the moment. See scripts/build/binary_grub_cfg.

Yes, I could edit this file.

I like the syslinux boot more than the grub boot.

lb config --bootloaders syslinux

Is there a way to completely disable grub/uefi boot?
(besides deleting the second partition on the USB stick?)

Thanks so far!