I'm not using git at the moment for my process, but I plan to.  Currently, I'm just trying to figure things out.

The manual does indeed have a lot of info.  I mentioned I found some blog posts, and they provided a pretty good step-by-step walkthrough.  A starting point, at least.

Thanks for the help!

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 9:27 PM Anindya Chaudhuri <anindyach@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes, the "clean" is very important between "build" runs. Sometimes, you even have to use "--purge". Btw... do you use git or some form of version control? Without that, the build/learning process is not really tractable.

Regarding live working examples... Yes, I agree. The manual has a lot of information. Something like a step-by-step walk through would be very helpful. I have been planning on writing up a "practical build guide" for a while now. In any case, having been there myself, I'd be happy to help out if you run into any problems.

Cheers!

From: Reid Rivenburgh <rivenburgh@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 3:55 AM
To: Anindya Chaudhuri <anindyach@hotmail.com>
Cc: debian-live@lists.debian.org <debian-live@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Using preseed.cfg with installer?

Thank you for the response. Since my email, I have come to that conclusion as well.  I've had a bit of an adventure trying various things and maybe not cleaning my environment properly between attempts.

Perhaps the documentation could more explicitly state that? As someone new to this, I find the distinctions between the various modes and what happens when a bit confusing.  It is a very useful tool, though!