Does Live-Build have a problem with large files?

 Hi everyone!

I've built a Debian Live ISO with packages qemu and libvirt to run a VM in the live environment.

The guest images are added via includes.chroot. They are 2GB each and placed in /var/lib/libvirt/images

Everything works great, except for one issue.

When starting a VM, libvirt automatically issues a chown command to the images, to change ownership.

This results in a copy of the images being created in
/run/live/overlay/rw/var/lib/libvirt/images
(It also happens when I manually chown them)

I don't want these copies to be made but can't stop it.

 I noticed that this /run/live/overlay/rw directory only has the
folders and files that I added via includes.chroot EXCEPT for the images. Those only appear there after using chown on them in the regular dir.

Is this some kind filesystem error or squashfs issue?