Re: Problem with lb clean

The correct thing to do is to simply run `lb config` after an `lb
clean`. This is what the error "E: the following stage is required to
be done first: config" means. I accept that the error text is perhaps
not as helpful as it could be, but it relates to the architecture of
the program.

Hacking the build process by creating files like `.build/config`
yourself manually fundamentally risks ending up with a broken build
because you're tricking the scripts into thinking that a necessary
earlier script has already run when it actually has not, and thus
potentially important stuff may have been skipped. Don't do that. Just
because such a hack may seem to work on the surface does not
necessarily mean that everything is actually okay.

As I recall, having not worked on this project for a while now, `lb
clean` does not actually itself destroy your config, this only happens
if you have an `auto/clean` file with such instructions, as I believe
the default one does. So if you don't want `lb clean` to destroy your
existing generated config, you need to edit your `auto/clean` to stop
it doing so.

However, if you want a persistent config, the way to do that is to set
it up in an `auto/config` file, which `lb clean` will never destroy.

The best setup is to (1) setup your config in an `auto/config` file,
(2) keep the default behaviour of `auto/clean` to delete any existing
generated config, and (3) just run `lb config` after and `lb clean`,
which will delete and regenerate the config.