Re: Custom Buster live-build

+debian-live

Hello Nathanael,

On 29/06/2021 06:14, Nathanael Higley wrote:
> Hi my name is Nathanael and I was wondering how I could build an
> unofficial/ for personal use Debian Buster livecd with updates and
> security patches included on the disc?
> I've had previously built a custom live-cd with live-build on Debian
> stretch with live-images or more precisely the gnome-desktop live-image
> configuration. I had modified the configuration to include the full
> gnome-desktop development stack with gnome-boxes emulation, however It's
> been a good while since I've built a live-cd, what tools or process
> would you recommend?

The official live images for Debian Buster are created by the tool
live-wrapper, before that the tool live-build was used (which you
already used for Stretch). Image for Bullseye can be built by either tool.
I'm biased, I've worked in live-build in the last couple of years, I
would recommend to use live-build. You can take a look at the Wiki [1]
page that details some command line examples for e.g. building a GNOME
live image, and the documentation [2].

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleInstalls/LiveImages