Re: Calamares as "superusser" in Debian Mate live system

Hi Guillermo

On 2021/09/28 13:50, Guillermo Sosa wrote:
Good morning, my query, and I think that I am actually reiterating it, is due to the MateDE version of Debian 11, since I never used or worked on this desktop, and it is the following since there is something that catches my attention and not I can solve it, not even working on the package "calamares-settings-debian", and it is that when booting the system in live mode and executing install-debian, calamares runs "as root", which is not the case with other Live CD like Cinnamon or Xfce. Does anyone know the reason for this and if it can be fixed? At first I assumed that I made some mistake during the ld build lb config and configuration process, but I repeat, it happens with official live images as well.

It runs on root on all the desktop environments. There's work happening upstream to make it possible to run the calamares gui as a normal user and some backend as root, but that will come in a future release.

I think the case with Mate is that it's the only one with a window manager configured to show you that a window is running as root, but in fact it runs as root on all of them.

-Jonathan