Re: Installing shim-signed:amd64 is met with a "cat: /sys/firmware/efi/fw_platform_size: No such file or directory" error

Hi Derrick!

Derrick Karpo wrote:

>I'm using live-build 1:20210407 and on Friday the build worked fine
>but today during the build it errored. Note: This may be a shim-signed
>issue and not a live-build issue!
>
><snip>
>Setting up shim-signed:amd64 (1.34+15.4-2) ...
>cat: /sys/firmware/efi/fw_platform_size: No such file or directory
>dpkg: error processing package shim-signed:amd64 (--configure):
> installed shim-signed:amd64 package post-installation script
>subprocess returned error exit status 1
>Errors were encountered while processing:
> shim-signed:amd64
>E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>Setting up shim-signed:amd64 (1.34+15.4-2) ...
>cat: /sys/firmware/efi/fw_platform_size: No such file or directory
>dpkg: error processing package shim-signed:amd64 (--configure):
> installed shim-signed:amd64 package post-installation script
>subprocess returned error exit status 1
>Errors were encountered while processing:
> shim-signed:amd64
><snip>
>
>I went into the chroot and when manually installing shim-signed it
>still fails. I bind mounted /sys and /dev and the failures still
>happen in that it "cat: /sys/firmware/efi/fw_platform_size: No such
>file or directory".

Apologies, you've hit bug #988059 in shim-signed. I've just uploaded a
fixed version to sid which should now work for you. I've been updating
the packaging a lot recently to fix other bugs, and added this new
one. :-(

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews