Re: Has anybody gotten the Bullseye installer to work? -> yes

Hello Borden,

On 31/03/2021 04:13, Borden wrote:
> Mar 29, 2021, 03:45 by rclobus@rclobus.nl:
>
>> You have specified 2 sources for the installer. When you use
>> --debian-installer-distribution 'daily', you will get the daily installer.
>>
> I don't think I did this correctly: This is my auto/config file:
>
> lb config noauto \
> --architecture 'amd64' \
> --archive-areas 'main contrib non-free' \
> --backports 'true' \
> --binary-filesystem 'fat32' \
> --binary-images 'iso-hybrid' \
> --bootappend-live 'boot=live locales=en_CA.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=us keyboard-variants=dvorak persistence' \
> --bootloaders 'grub-efi' \
> --distribution 'bullseye' \
> --firmware-binary 'true' \
> --firmware-chroot 'true' \
> --linux-flavours 'amd64' \
> --memtest 'memtest86+' \
> --parent-debian-installer-distribution 'daily' \
> --security 'false' \
> --uefi-secure-boot 'enable' \
> --updates 'true' \
> --win32-loader 'true' \
> "${@}"
>
> But I'm still getting the "No kernel modules were found" error when I try to download installer components.
>
> Suggestions?

I tested again, and was able to run the installer until the disk
management (I didn't want to erase my disk yet), which is past the
downloading step for installer components.
I've also verified that vmlinuz from the daily installer image is indeed
5.10.0-5.

You'll need two options to 'lb config':
1) --debian-installer 'netinst' -> to enable the installer in the image
(I also got a working installer with 'live')
2) --parent-debian-installer-distribution 'daily' -> to specify the
daily build of the installer

In your latest example '--debian-installer' is missing. Are you
rebuilding from a pre-existing directory? In that case, you could run
'lb clean --purge' to ensure that no cached files are used to rebuild
your image.

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus