Re: live-build copyright notices

Hi,

adrian15 wrote:
> Some years ago the FSF advised against using Copyright YEAR1-YEAR-4.
> I don't remember what their reasoning was but it was some legal stuff.
> Not sure if it's valid nowadays.

No reasoning given, but still in the GNU maintainers information.
  https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html

  "You can use a range (‘2008-2010’) instead of listing individual years
   (‘2008, 2009, 2010’) if and only if: 1) every year in the range,
   inclusive, really is a “copyrightable” year that would be listed
   individually; and 2) you make an explicit statement in a README file
   about this usage."

In a german law court i would argue that "2007-2020" is clear enough as
information that i worked on the code during that time span, but not
necessarily every year. I see few risk that the other side could construe
this as invalid copyright claim.
But in America ...

Have a nice day :)

Thomas