Re: [live-build] "E: Unable to find a source package for syslinux,grub-efi"

On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 20:39 +0100, adrian15 adrian15 wrote:
I coded that part and some basic test seems to imply its wrong as you have noticed.
It should be in binary_iso which it's the one that I use.

Here there is:

So I suggest you to implement the fix according to that code so that the code is homogenous.

Thank you!

P.S.: Offotpic. I am unable to implement that while loop with IFS being set to comma, whatever I try. :(

consistency is always good, but in this case I'm not sure that saving, changing and restoring IFS isn't a little overkill for what currently is a simple three line implementation. though lack of piping to tr might be considered a positive.

i'll add a message to the MR though to ask the reviewer what they'd prefer. I'm perfectly fine with changing to that if they'd prefer it.

yeah, I actually do not actually have much experience with unix shell code outside of my contributions for live-build so off the top of my head I have no idea what might be wrong with the approach you wrote. I don't know whether you yourself have made a blunder with your own understanding of shell code, whether there's some quirk you were not aware of (I did try removing the use of `-r` to no effect), or of course there's always the possibility that there's a bug in the shell? A mystery to me at the moment...

thanks :)