Re: Hash Sum mismatch on 3 files during "lb chroot_install-packages install" step

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 18:52, Jason Zions <Jason.Zions@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Starting some time in the past 24-48 hours, my attempts to build a pretty straight-forward live .iso file started failing during the chroot_install-packages step. The configuration I’m using has worked reliably for more than a week, so it’s not likely that it’s something I’ve changed on my end.
>
> I have attached the actual error spew below.
>
> Is it possible that these files have been corrupted in the CDN (fastly)?

[...]

>   Hash Sum mismatch

Hi,

When I see "Hash Sum mismatch" errors, the first thing that I
do is check the local apt cache for any failed downloads:

# for d in /var/cache/apt/archives /var/lib/apt/lists ; do find "$d"
-type f -empty -not -name lock -ls ; done
# find /var/cache/apt/archives/partial -type f -ls

If those commands find any matching files, they can be removed
by adding the -delete action like this:

# for d in /var/cache/apt/archives /var/lib/apt/lists ; do find "$d"
-type f -empty -not -name lock -ls -delete ; done
# find /var/cache/apt/archives/partial -type f -ls -delete