Re: No Issues on Salsa? Missing reference to mailing list?

Hi Roland,

thanks a lot for the reply and for working on improving the docu!

Am 25.07.19 um 02:29 schrieb Roland Clobus:

>> The main page of the team: https://salsa.debian.org/live-team lists
>> projects but the projects them selves
>> https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-manual do not seem to have an
>> "issues" link.
>>
>> And it's not clear from the documentation where to report bugs about the
>> manual. To the BTS? To Salsa?
>
> Every man-page mentions the following:
> <quote>
> Bugs  can be reported by submitting a bugreport for the live-XXX package
> in the Bug Tracking System at <http://bugs.debian.org/> or by writing a
> </quote>

Oh, I see. I didn't even know there was a "live-manual" package. To see
where I'm coming from: I searched the interwebs for "Debian on a USB
stick". From there I landed on the "Live install images" page [1], which
was the first entry on duckduckgo. From there I somehow made my way
through to the online live-manual . AFAIC see [3],[4],[5],[6] there's
nowhere mentioned, that live-manual is actually a package.

Coming from a Debian developer perspective, it might be not be far
fetched to assume that there's a package with the same name as part of
the URL. However coming from a non-developer perspective it doesn't seem
to be evident that there should be a package corresponding to that
online document.

I suggest to add that information to that document. For example on the
first page "About this manual":

    This manual is part of the [live-manual Debian
package](https://packages.debian.org/sid/live-manual). It serves as a
single access point to all documentation ...

?

Thanks a lot Roland!
*t

[1] https://www.debian.org/CD/live/