Re: cryptsetup erroring with "Nothing to read on input" with persistence-encryption=luks

I tried removing the part of my hook to set CRYPTSETUP=y in /etc/cryptsetup-initramfs/conf-hook (see https://github.com/mmguero/deblive/blob/master/buster/config/hooks/normal/0991-security-performance.hook.chroot#L92 and https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/8yxiud/livebuild_issue_getting_persistence_with_luks/edlxteu/).

it *does* boot now: however, during boot I get the error message "Warning: cryptsetup is unavailable" which is what I got before and is the reason I made sure to enable CRYPTSETUP=y in the first place.

So it seems like right now I don't have a way to get this thing to boot, at least on this machine. I either have CRYPTSETUP=y enabled in conf-hook, in which case I get looping "Nothing to read on input" forever, or I don't have CRYPTSETUP=y in conf-hook, in which case "Warning: cryptsetup is unavailable" means I don't get to mount my encrypted volume, anyway.

Like I said before, it does boot in a VM. Maybe I'll try it on some other hardware other than this laptop and see if I get the same problem.

--
-SG