Re: Suspicious Debian 10.0.0 download behaviour.

Hi,

Michael wrote:
> I just tried the 1st link and it works fine, I tried the second link
> and I get a 404 not found.

Hm. Both work for me. But they deliver different ISOs.
"gnome" versus "cinnamon".
So the original report by Rick might be a URL patchwork from two different
attempts to download.

My local redirection from
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/10.0.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-gnome.iso
goes to
  https://gemmei.ftp.acc.umu.se/debian-cd/10.0.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-gnome.iso

> The distrowatch link in the reply above works as it should, there is
> no 403 forbidden on that page for me.

Looks like distrowatch hates my olde Iceweasel. wget can get their
pages. Shrug. Maybe mad-browser-day ... red-herring-week ...

This leads me to preliminarily joining Andreas Heinlein's theory of a
browser which wants to be helpful and unpack the ~1000 files from the ISO.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas