Hybrid ISO with GPT

Greetings,

I built an existing system that has a custom stretch live-build (hybrid-iso) image that installed (copied) onto a disk and then the remaining space is partitioned as /storage. I install it with dd if=<image.iso> of=/dev/<device>.

When the disk is <2TB everything works, but when the disk is larger than 2TB I get an error telling me that the disk uses MBR and as such I am restricted to using 2TB. If I want more, I need to use a GPT partition table.

Is it possible to get live-build to output an image with a GPT table instead of MBR? If so any recommendations?

I have tried using -d hdd, haven't had any luck so far getting anything to work.

Thanks!

 Joe Daily