Re: New install of Live Build on Buster E: debootstrap - command not found

I too have experienced this problem. For me, the $PATH was the cause. When I su in Buster, my $PATH does not contain /sbin and /usr/sbin. debootstrap is in /usr/sbin/ and hence could not be found when running live-build when su'ing in the terminal. It worked perfectly when I exported /usr/sbin and /sbin into my $PATH. Live-build also worked perfectly when I su -l in the terminal. Hope this helps. It does not appear to be a live-build problem, but a $PATH problem.