Re: Help for Live XFCE

You'll probably want to read the Live Build manual at

On 07/16/2018 11:40 AM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz wrote:
>> What I want to achieve:
>
> create a directory into all the files will work by you and them:
>
>> 1. Create Debian Live XFCE (Flavor) from scrach on my local debian machine.
>
> inside that directory use the command lb as example like:
>
> lb config --mode debian --system live
>
>> 2. Having the ability to chroot to add my package which most are on debian repo.
>
> to the previous use same comand before but added
>
> --interactive shell

While using the interactive shell and running apt yourself works, I
would recommend using the package-lists and packages.chroot options instead:

8.2.1 Package Lists:
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/customizing-package-installation.en.html#399

8.3 Installing modified or third-party packages:
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/customizing-package-installation.en.html#449

You'll probably want the task-xfce-desktop package if you want an XFCE
based live CD:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/task-xfce-desktop

>> 3. create the ISO.
>
> iso will be created after doing:
>
> lb build
>
> inside that directory after the previous command, in the middle of
> process will opened the shell for the interactive chroot (crtl+d to
> out and go ahead again)
>
> consulto more the debian live guide

You can find the live build manual at:
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/
or /usr/share/doc/live-manual/ if you install the live-manual package.

As for ensuring these packages are installed from the live cd, you'll
want to look into installer preseeding:

12.2 Customizing Debian Installer by preseeding:
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/customizing-installer.en.html#648

Hope this helps,
Jacob