Re: Boot .iso with GRUB2

Hi,

Narcis Garcia wrote:
> Now I boot Live .ISOs from GRUB2: Debian 7, Debian 8 and Debian 9.

Congrats.

> Debian 6 not. After a minute says:
> Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

I downloaded
  https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/6.0.6-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-6.0.6-amd64-standard.iso
(because i love its small size) and found the message in
  /live/initrd.img

There is code to see which handles options
  fromiso=
  isofrom=
but no code for
  findiso=

If this does not work, then you would have to modify the script
  /scripts/live
in /live/initrd.img so that it reports more about its adventures around
variable $FROMISO.

> I've tried also with debian-8.10.0-i386-lxde-CD-1.iso (not Live: only
> installer) but DebianInstaller says "No common CD-ROM drive was
> detected"

The initrds in debian-cd images do not give me ideas like "fromiso=".
You would have to ask at debian-cd mailing list whether there is such
an opportunity.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas