Re: Can I install from Stretch or Buster Mate Live System?

>>Is there a command I can run from these systems that will allow installation to hard drive?
As Steve suggested there are options to install directly from the boot menu.
When you get to the boot menu you will see what is there.

>>I find nothing on menus or desktop, and the package 'debian-installer' seems not to be in the repository.
Before this can be answered properly what "live" system are you using? Are you using the official system based on live-wrapper or are you using the, now unofficial, system based on live-build?
Live Build had an option in the menu of the running live system, I am not sure about live-wrapper though.
Debian Installer, or d-i, is a script that answers questions or prompts the person to answer questions so the system can be installed.

>> Also, if I have the assistive technologies and orca screen readers set to run at start, will the installed system have accessibility at start?
Not on first start but if you set it up to run at start after that it should work. In live-build you could probably get it to run on first boot, I don't know about live-wrapper.

On 5 October 2017 at 03:35, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 12:28:42PM -0400, Dave Hunt wrote:
>Is there a command I can run from these systems that will allow installation
>to hard drive?  I find nothing on menus or desktop, and the package
>'debian-installer' seems not to be in the repository.  Also, if I have the
>assistive technologies and orca screen readers set to run at start, will the
>installed system have accessibility at start?

There are options to install directly from the boot menu on those live
images.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@einval.com
< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"