Re: Please help with #865382

[ CC to the right list this time, gah ]

Phil wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On Mon, 2017-07-10 at 00:04 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> We have a big problem with our Stretch KDE live images, and the
>> problem seems to be KDE-specific. None of the other desktops show
>> the same problem. Can you help please?
>
>Hi,
>
>Can you indicate some of the issues as you know them at this time?

Hi Phil,

The issues I'm aware of currently are listed in

  http://get.debian.org/images/release/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/

but specifically the one I'm hoping to get help with from the KDE
folks is issue #1 there:

  KDE live desktop unstable on some (tested) hardware

  There is a segmentation fault in kmanage - the first obvious symptom
  will be a failure to automatically log in. A workaround is to switch
  to VT1 and wait for the desktop to start there. This has been
  reproduced on hardware (using Intel graphics?), but not when testing
  in a virtual machine.

  See #865382.

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt