installing a few packages locally ...

While running Debian Live from the DVD:

$ uname -a
Linux debian 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u1 (2016-09-03) i686 GNU/Linux

I would like to go, say:

$ sudo apt-get install libav-tools

but fetch all installation packages and dependencies offline from a local repository without having to setup a full Debian package repository (which in a sense you already have in the DVD anyway)

I guess there should be a "--simulate" or "--verbose" option either in dpkg, apt-get or some utility to do that. I tried finding the pieces in of what I need in:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

but apparently this is not a common use case. The utility should have as input:

1) the package you want to install

2) the local path to where you would like to keep §1's package and its dependencies

So, whenever I need to install the deb package I can do it from that local mini-repository.

I am pretty sure someone may have trodden that path before.

How do you do such a thing?

lbrtchx