Re: Custom Debian LiveCD?

On 23/05/17 10:23, Anonymous wrote:
I'd like to make my own custom Debian livecd for private
use. However, when I search for this on the web it's either
posts which talk about discontinued programs which have
been abandoned and/or no longer work, or pages with step by
step instructions, dozens of pages long, and usually followed
by posts with attempts to correct the tutorial, complain
about it being broken and so on. Thank you for the fish.

live-build still works, and now has UEFI support. The debian-live mailing list is a better place to start. What release do you want to target? I made a build on unstable for unstable and included a bunch of utilities and customisations. The installer on my live image did not work so I used a stock installer (stretch RC3), but the live image itself worked well from USB.

I have tried live-wrapper many times but never got it to work for unstable. I made many bug reports. It seems lacking in features.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director