Re: apt-get install "Failed to fetch" "404 Not Found" IP ...

Without some access to a repository you will not be able to obtain packages to install them. If they are available online as updates it is recommended that you install them, especially security updates, at the time they are obtained. Updates are updates for a reason, they either fill in a security flaw or they fix a bug or functionality.

So you have 3 options
1. connect to the net.
2. obtain up to date discs each and every time an update is rolled out (highly impractical)
3. use something like apt-offline.

Cheers