Re: Customizing Debian Live ...

Read the live-build documentation about installing packages, specifically look for package lists.

1) For Firefox read this https://mozilla.debian.net/ because you need to add either backports (for a stable version) or a testing/unstable version of Debian to your sources.list and the auto config file
2) read the Live Build documentation for specific methods.
3 & 4) you must use a package.list {binary,chroot} and list chromium and eclipse in the package list