custom Kernel

Hi guys,

I've built a custom Backport-Kernel for a jessie-live-system. It's based on the source-package of the recent Kernel in jessie-backports. I added some patches, made my config, created a deb.-Package. The same process worked well with the jessie-Kernel, but the backport-kernel doesn't boot, because aufs was removed (in upstream kernel) in the meantime.

So I built the aufs module separately, but where do I have to place it, to get live-build/live-boot to integrate it into the initrd?

Or is using the union=unionfs parameter in live-boot the better solution?

kind regards