Re: debian-installer-launcher proposed removal

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 11:32:53PM +0300, hakan@bayindir.org wrote:
> Pardus is also planning to use this package inside their live & installable
> hybrid media. While I don't have the time to take full ownership of the
> package, I can happily help in planning and implementing the improvements of
> required changes.
>
> I've also investigated some if its bugs and fixed #843130, so I'm not
> completely inexperienced about d-i launcher.

This is fine, but bugs like #760992 make it unusable for some. I mean, the
reporter could not enter his name correctly because the keyboard layout was
messed up. Debian should not dictate to you what characters can be in your
name, that's the job of the Unicode consortium.

The way that this package doesn't get removed is that either it is adopted,
or all the outstanding bugs (keyboard issues, accessibility and apt-cdrom)
have at least patches filed in the BTS. If all the outstanding issues have
patches, I'll do a QA upload and not file an RM bug.

Thanks,
Iain.