Re: UEFI Support

El 25/09/16 a las 08:09, Machu Chukov escribió:
> Since I have found little documentation on this issue, I wanted to
> briefly summarize my results creating an UEFI-bootable Isohybrid-Image.
> Just in case that perhaps they could be useful for someone.
>
> Both packages work for me with the following differences:
>
> *live-build package provided by Kali-Linux*
> If you use  "--bootloader syslinux" OR --bootloader is not set in
> live-build configuration, both, BIOS and UEFI systems are booted with
> Syslinux.
>
> Advantage: That means more possible options and consistent
> user-experience for BIOS/CSM and UEFI-Boot.
>
> Disadvantage (for me): I use Isohybrid-Images, because ISO960 is
> read-only and users can not accidentally delete files, when mounting the
> removable device in another OS.  To boot via UEFI, in addition to the
> ISO 9660 file system there is a small - of course writable - FAT
> partition needed. Different than if you use GRUB, using Syslinux it also
> contains the /live folder with kernel and initrd, which therefore are no
> longer read-only. This is a disadvantage for me, but for most cases, it
> is probably irrelevant.
>
> *live-build package provided in Debian Git*
> If you use  "--bootloader syslinux,grub-efi" OR --bootloader is not set
> in live-build configuration, BIOS/CSM-Systems are booted with Syslinux
> and UEFI systems are booted with GRUB. The latter works technically well
> for me - even if it's not made for people with high aesthetic demands ;~}
>
> Advantages and Disadvantages:What I wrote above the other way around.
>
> Thanks to those who answered my questions.

Hi thanks for the info!

I'm now test my project bassed on jessie, with the live-build version
from debian git to get a iso image with efi support

I have a live system (installable via debian-installer-launcher) and use
a preseed to complete disable the network support during install (and
another pressed options).

My question is about grub installs fail.. i can not put grub-pc and
grub-efi in same binary image (via config/packages-list/*.list.binary
due a conflict between boot packages. The grub install stage fail.

With networking suport is not problem because the necesary packages are
downloaded. But whitout networking how to solved it?
Thanks!

--
Fernando Toledo
Dock Sud BBS