Re: excluding packages

The version of Live Build in Jessie is the old one and it will never, because of debian's policies, be updated. If you want to build Stretch-Sid images you will need to use the current versions of the Live packages.

On 1 October 2016 at 20:52, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo <rui.bernardo.pt@gmail.com> wrote:

Em 01/10/2016 08:58, "Daniel Pocock" <daniel@pocock.pro> escreveu:

> On 30/09/16 15:06, Rui Bernardo wrote:

> >> I tried adding "--apt-recommends false" and I still get the same error:
> >>

> >> Reading package lists... Done
> >> Building dependency tree
> >> Reading state information... Done
> >> Package elilo is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> >> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> >> is only available from another source
> >>
> >> E: Package 'elilo' has no installation candidate
> >> E: Unable to locate package linux-image-486
> >> E: Package 'elilo' has no installation candidate
> >> P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
> >> P: Saving caches...
> >> Reading package lists... Done
> >> Building dependency tree
> >> Reading state information... Done
> >>

> > I just tried your build configuration from stratch (with recommends
> > enabled, as it was) and ran "scripts/make-pgpcleanroom" and I just got
> > a i386 Live ISO without your errors. I am running a amd64 debian
> > jessie host with live-build 4 installed.
>
> Did you modify the script to build a testing or sid live image?
>
> The current version of the script builds a jessie live image and that
> works fine for me every time.
>
> I wanted to try building a stretch image with gnupg 2.1 in it though.
>

> > Could you try to start over, in another directory? Or run "sudo lb
> > clean --all --cache" in the "build-cd/" directory and then run the
> > script again?
> >
> I delete the build-cd/ directory every time I build anyway
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel

No, I didn't try to change anything.

From your errors it seems that live-build tries to install linux-image-486 and elilo packages, which don't exist anymore in stretch/unstable. Maybe elilo is being selected because grub or isolinux/syslinux are not installable in stretch/testing ATM. It's a common situation while testing is being developed.

I'm afraid that live-build should be patched to not try to install the linux-image-486 package, but to install the linux-image-586 instead. About syslinux/isolinux it should be a question to wait a few weeks until it is installable in stretch/testing, if it's a question of packages being updated in the unstable branch.

Maybe someone else that have tried to build a stretch ou unstable live iso with live-build recently may help you more than me.

The official way to build a stretch/testing live iso will be with live-wrapper, which is under active development. live-build is being maintained by the community, so any patches would be welcomed, I think.

Regards,

Rui