Fwd: Re: Extreme long (and random) delays during boot using fetch=http://...

woops, sent you privately, i'll forward it to the mailing lost to make the discussion in the public interest

-------- Original Message --------
From: Lorenzo Faletra <eclipse@frozenbox.org>
Sent: September 2, 2016 4:35:46 PM GMT+02:00
To: Daniel Reichelt <debian@nachtgeist.net>
Subject: Re: Extreme long (and random) delays during boot using fetch=http://...

i pointed all my suspects on dns resolution....

have you tried to analyze the lan traffic with wireshark and see what happens?

On September 2, 2016 3:50:21 PM GMT+02:00, Daniel Reichelt <debian@nachtgeist.net> wrote:

>On 09/02/2016 03:22 PM, Lorenzo Faletra wrote:
>> where is the squashfs located at and how do you connect the booting
>> kernel to the network?
>

>- The squashfs to be loaded resides on a webserver on the same LAN/ip
>subnet as the machine being booted
>
>- fetch=http://10.0.0.1/$path/filesystem.squashfs so there's no DNS
>involved either
>
>- kernel is loaded via tftp from pxelinux, ip configuration is done via
>dhcp

----
Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra (EclipseSpark)

Frozenbox Network
Parrot Security

GPG ID: F4C6B9A4

GPG Info: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x97CAA129F4C6B9A4