Re: P: Symlinking hooks... ./auto/config: 17: ./auto/config: --hdd-label: not found ./auto/config: 28: ./auto/config: --distribution: not found ./auto/config: 38: ./auto/config: --chroot-filesystem: not found ./auto/config: 48: ./auto/config: --apt: not found ./auto/config: 75: ./auto/config: --source: not found

On August 30, 2016 9:27:43 PM "Michael ." <keltoiboy@gmail.com> wrote:

> my old config script (please find attached) which worked
> earlier this year

I doubt it. See my comments below.

with all the same things as before I am unable to get
> anything working now. Without the config script I get a 300 MB iso. With
> the config script I get
>
> "root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2017/Mate/amd64# lb clean
> [2016-08-31 10:12:16] lb clean
> P: Executing auto/clean script.
> [2016-08-31 10:12:16] lb clean noauto
> P: Cleaning chroot
> root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2017/Mate/amd64# lb config
> [2016-08-31 10:12:19] lb config
> P: Executing auto/config script.
> [2016-08-31 10:12:19] lb config noauto --binary-filesystem fat32
> --apt-indices false --bootappend-live boot=live config quiet splash
> locales=en_AU en_AU.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=us --bootappend-install
> --bootappend-live-failsafe boot=live components memtest noapic noapm nodma
> nomce nolapic nomodeset nosmp nosplash vga=normal --bootloaders syslinux
> --checksums md5 sha1 sha256 --compression --zsync true --debian-installer
> live --debian-installer-distribution stretch --debian-installer-preseedfile
> --debian-installer-gui true

Note how lb config only shows up to this option. You've forgotten a continuation character at the end of line 16, so this is where the command ends.

> P: Updating config tree for a debian/stretch/amd64 system
> P: Symlinking hooks...
> ./auto/config: 17: ./auto/config: --hdd-label: not found
> ./auto/config: 28: ./auto/config: --distribution: not found
> ./auto/config: 38: ./auto/config: --chroot-filesystem: not found
> ./auto/config: 48: ./auto/config: --apt: not found
> ./auto/config: 75: ./auto/config: --source: not found
> root@michael-desktop:/home/michael/CobberLive/2017/Mate/amd64# "
>
> All of these config settings are in the relevant files so I am unsure as to
> why it is saying they are not found.If I take them out of the config more
> replace them. Has anyone else seen this happen on a new setup? If yes what
> did you do to fix it?

That's the shell telling you the line beginning with that string isn't a valid command. It's because of that missing continuation character at the end of the preceding line so it thinks it's the start of a new command. I see you have also interspersed comment lines. That's not helpful either, as it causes a new line break at each one and hence a new, invalid command.

Consider structuring groups of options using shell variables if you need to group them.

Ben