comments in package lists

Hello,

we are a university group [1](mostly students) with the goal to promote
free software among other students and university employees. To this end
we plan do create a customized debian live edition with a subjective
selection of special software (education related) and other material. We
acquired some money to distribute usb-sticks with this among the fresh
students in October[2].

We already have a git-repository to manage the config tree from which we
will create the image. One crucial point in the process is of course the
selection of the packgages. To simplify comunication between our group
members it would be very useful to be able to write comments into the
files in config/package. So we could keep the content (package names)
and the potetial discussion (comments) close together. Additionally,
users my also benefit if they browse through our package lists and get
information from comments which packages serves for what purpose.

Long story short:
Does the possibility of comments in package lists exist and whats the
syntax or otherwise is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Carsten.

Links (only in german available)

[1] https://fsfw-dresden.de