Re: Cannot boot without display

Hello

On 16 May 2016 at 23:19, Dimas Abreu Dutra <dimasadutra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am developing a live system for an old i386 AMD Geode PC and cannot boot
> without a display attached. I tried using the failsafe parameters with no
> success. Whenever the monitor is plugged in the boot process resumes. Any
> ideas on how to solve this?

Where does the boot stop?

This is typically a BIOS problem and you have to look for
documentation and discussions regarding that particular piece of
hardware in that case.

If there is really something in the Linux system that stops boot
process when there is no monitor attached to a Geode system then you
need to find in which driver it stops and contact the relevant kernel
or Xorg maintainer. There is probably little anyone here can do about
problems with such exotic piece of hardware.

HTH

Michal