problem creating binary disk

hi. i'm having the following problem when trying to build:
[2016-03-03 19:46:25] lb binary_disk
P: Begin installing disk information...
cp: cannot stat '/usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd/testing/amd64_netinst_udeb_include': No such file or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystems...
P: Saving caches...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...

basically i am trying to create an installer for my newly configured system.

i have an auto/config file with the following:
#!/bin/sh

set -e

lb config noauto \
  --apt-recommends false \
  --architecture amd64 \
  --clean \
  --debian-installer live \
  --distribution testing \
  --mirror-bootstrap "http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/"; \
  --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
  "${@}"

i have some files in config/includes.chroot/usr/share but none in a config/includes.chroot/usr/share/live directory.

i have also some packages listed in config/package-lists with *.list.chroot_install extensions. packages include:
live-boot
live-tools
rsync
uuid-runtime
live-config
user-setup
live-config-systemd

to make up for my --apt-recommends false flag.

on my system
cat /proc/version
yields the following:
Linux version 4.3.0-1-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 5.3.1 20160121 (Debian 5.3.1-7) ) #1 SMP Debian 4.3.5-1 (2016-02-06)