Re: live-build UEFI support: WAS: Re: Debian derivatives census: changes around Debian Live; live-build orphaned

El 25/02/16 a las 10:14, Raphael Hertzog escribió:
Hi Paul,

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 19:46 +1100, Michael . wrote:

Just incase no one already know this there is a version of Live-Build
that supports UEFI.
Kali Linux developer (also Debian Developer) Raphael Hertzog has
patched the current development branch of Live Build to add UEFI
support and it works brilliantly. To use it you must use the Kali
version of Live-Build from their repositories.

Mati, Raphael: would it be possible for you to merge the Kali
live-build UEFI support into the Debian Live team's live-build
repositories?

Our work was submitted in
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=731709 but
I'm not fully happy with it. And in fact I'm contemplating
replacing it entirely with the GRUB2 based EFI support that
has been contributed in the same bug report more recently.

Cheers,

Hi Paul, Raphael and all.

I still have to submit an updated patch but what I sent it does work already it is just a matter of variable names. Hopefully I don't forget what I wanted to change in the first place.

I am also thinking on also dealing with Grub2 background so that the Debian CD does not need to deal with it on its own but I would probably implement it in a second step.

Guess what, I was upset on not having Raphael feedback on the issue for more than a month and... well... I have found myself busy on other things so I haven't been able to submit an updated patch for almost three weeks.

As Bern Armstrong says we are sometimes more busy with personal lives and other projects. :).

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/