Re: Multiple lower layers with union=overlay

Den 17. jan. 2016 16:24, skrev Linnea Skogtvedt:
> Hi,
>
> I believe the current git version stacks multiple overlay layers in the
> wrong order. Overlay stacks layers from right to left. I.e. the
> rightmost layer is the bottom level, the leftmost is the top level. See
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/overlayfs.txt ,
> "Multiple lower layers"
>
> According to the live-boot man page, about filesystem.module:
>
> "The first entry in this file will be the "lowest" point in the aufs,
> and the last file  in  this list  will  be  on  the "top" of the aufs,
> directly below /overlay."
>
> This is opposite from how it works in overlay, and the order of layers
> is not reversed for aufs, so I believe the order of the layers in the
> mount command should be reversed. I have attached the patch I wrote for
> the current version in unstable. It has been briefly tested.
>
> Please CC me on replies as I'm not on the list.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Linnea

Hi again, a bit embarrassing but I have now tested and double checked
and the code is actually correct, because the order of layers is already
reversed in 9990-overlay.sh. I had assumed it was not changed.

So this seems correct after all. :)

Kind regards,

Linnea