Re: boot error with backport jessie

On Thursday 19 November 2015 18:59:42 David Ansart wrote:
> > Does it work without backports enabled?
> > I build an image (with live-build 5.0~a11-1) from a config I had laying
> > around with jessie, but without backports and that seems to work.
>
> Yes. If i disable backport, the iso boots correctly.

Without backports you'd get linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64 and with backports I
think you'd get linux-image-4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 so I'm guessing the problem is
indeed with overlayfs and I don't know how to fix that. It could be that it is
supported but you forget some config setting or it just doesn't work properly.

What you could try is create a preference file so that the kernel is taken
from jessie and not jessie-backports (ie pin to version 3.16.* or sth like
that) and see whether it works then. If it does work, you could stick with
that and/or dive deeper into getting it to work with overlayfs.