Simplest way to have a shell script run at startup?

Hi,

I am now able to create a live hybrid ISO that includes my customizations (some shell scripts, binary executables, etc.) by adding the files under the includes.chroot directory and then doing the build.  Among the files I include, there is one shell script that I would like to run one time whenever the live ISO is booted.

I've been reading the live-config man page, but am not really clear about what to do to have that happen?

Also, FYI, per previous post, I'm kind of new to this, and also I am doing this with Debian 7.8 (wheezy) and the live-build version is 3.0.5-1 for now.  I'm mentioning the version since, as posted earlier, this version puts files in different locations than the newer live-build (e.g., in includes.chroot vs. chroot_local-includes).

The shell script I want to run is in /usr/bin (/usr/bin/clean.sh) on the live ISO.

How can I build the live ISO such that that /usr/bin/clean.sh gets run whenver the live ISO is booted?

Thanks,
Jim