Re: disable the live boot (and d-i install problem)

Il giorno sab 25 lug 2015 alle 22:04, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> ha scritto:
On 25/07/15 03:41 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
> As I don't need the live, I'm using " --debian-installer true" (see
> below). I thought that this would have disabled the live but the boot
> menu still offers the live.

Wrong assumption. That only changes the installation method and has nothing to do with the live boot option. In fact, you probably do want --debian-installer live, which installs the contents of the media. Otherwise, your my.list.chroot has no effect at all.

Ok, got it

> Should I manually change the boot menu?

You've been told before you need to customize the boot menu. Our advice on this matter has not changed. I'm not sure what you mean by "manually" -- you can provide your own custom syslinux templates overriding the default ones in your configuration.

Ok, I thought that if I could disable the live then the boot menu would have changed accordingly without custom settings.

> This is all I could find in `man lb config`:
>
> [--debian-installer
> true|cdrom|netinst|netboot|businesscard|live|false]
> [--debian-installer-distribution daily|CODENAME]
> [--debian-installer-preseedfile FILE|URL] [--debian-installer-gui
> true|false]
>
> The main problem is that the Install and Graphical install options at
> boot menu do not work. I click on it, something flashes very quickly
> and nothing happens. Any idea of what might be wrong?

I am not entirely sure, but I think if you select i386, you need the 486 kernel because that's what debian-installer includes. The installed system, however, should included 686-pae.

> live-build version 4.0.5
>
> $ cat auto/build #!/bin/sh
>
> set -e
>
> lb build noauto "${@}" 2>&1 | tee build.log

> $ cat auto/config #!/bin/sh
>
> lb config noauto \ --architectures i386 \ --linux-flavours 686-pae \
> --distribution jessie \ --debian-installer true \ --apt-recommends
> false \ --apt-options "--yes --no-install-recommends" \ --apt-secure
> true \ --apt-indices false \ --apt-source-archives false \
> --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \ "${@}"

Change that back to --linux-flavours "486 686-pae" which are the default values for the i386 architecture.

Ok, done.
But I still have a problem.. I'll send a new email in a minute