Enabling autologin for a Jessie live image with live-build 4

I'm using live-build 4.0.3-1 under a Jessie VM to create a live image (also of Jessie), but when I boot the live image, I am always prompted for the live username and password. I would prefer for the live image to just automatically log in.

My entire config tree is here:

https://github.com/detly/dart/tree/jessie-only

I have also tried a bootappend-live line of nothing but:

    boot=live components autologin

Even with this line, I'm prompted for credentials. How can I get autologin to work?

— Jason Heeris