Re: live-wrapper - RFE - Arch boot automatic detection

On Nov 19, 2015 2:56 PM, "Michael ." <keltoiboy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wasn't going to say anything else on this matter until you said this
>
> >Now you're twisting my words.
>
> and then said this
>
> >Yes. At the beginning of this thread you said that live-wrapper
> >discussions were unwelcome here and they should be taken elsewhere.
>
> Let's clarify these things for the list reader who you are now leading to believe something that is not true.
> Firstly, I asked a simple question in response to various things stated in various discussions, your comment brought them altogether. I merely asked what things were wrong with Live Build. You come back and immediately accuse me of twisting your words.

Usually I spend more time trying to detect time problems, like if I'm being overly defensive, and edit those bits out before passing Send. Sorry this one slipped past the editor. You are right. You merely took opportunity of my statement of support to turn the focus back on one of your concerns. I was unfair to call that "twisting my words". My apology. It was merely turning the focus off the point I was making.

> Secondly, please quote word for word where I said live-wrapper discussions were unwelcome here and that they should be taken elsewhere. If you can't, which I know you can't, I can only assume, quote
> >you're twisting my words
> end quote.

Again, my apologies. I perceived a tone to your suggestion to take the discussion to Debian CD as unwelcoming. Reading it over again, your suggestions were politely qualified.

Sorry for being a bit touchy. I just don't want to see our little group fractured right now, and the threat that it might be made me more defensive than I ought to have been, as I deeply care for this particular corner of the great Debian community.

Ben