Re: Live-build - searching for (a) solution(s)

Le 18/11/2015 19:47, Hans-J. Ullrich a écrit :
Dear list,

I am using live-build for building kali-linux images. The standard build
procedure is working well with live-build. But for my purposes I have some
special needs, which the documentation of live-build does not explain.

I hope, someone experienced can help me.

This is, what I want to do:

1. I want to download and unpack the packages, then create the chroot.
When the changeroot has been created, the script shall stop.

2. When the chroot is existent, I want to make changes in the chroot (edit
some files, add some files like wordlists etc.).
I know, I can go into the chroot with the command "chroot /path/to/chroot",
then work in it, just as in a normal linux system

3. After I have finished my changes, I want to leave the chroot and now create
the ISO-image of it.

It would be nice, if someone could give me the correct commands.
For me, you don't need to stop the build to do that.

You can put and replace files in chroot, puting them in config/includes.chroot
You can add scripts in config/hooks, they are runned before ISO creation.

See the manual, section 9.1.1 and 9.2.1

--
yves