Re: Basic iso-hybrid image for jessie/amd64 fails with kernel panic

Sorry, when I said updates on Debian 7.8 I mean Debian 8.2, the latest updates to jessie, as I did a dist-upgrade on the box used for the test builds.

Best,

I have some custom images that I'm working on as a side project (https://bitbucket.org/ronoaldo/debian-custom). They were working fine on wheezy, but now that I am upgrading the packages to jessie, the resulting image iso fails to boot when I select live in qemu/kvm. My custom images were failing with an error executing /init, complaining about a missing /etc/ini.d/rcS file.

At first I was thinking that I have some auto configuration that was broken with the newer version, but even when I do a simple: lb config && sudo lb build, the resulting binary image is unbootable, but now with a weird kernel panic message.

Is that only me? Or is that related to any updates on Debian 7.8? If someone can help me find the issue, I really apreciate.

I am using live-build v4.0.3-1 from jessie repository.

Best,

--
Ronoaldo Pereira

--