Re: [translation] FR live-images manpage

Hi chals,

thanks for these informations, i installed git with a commit, reading the documentation you sent before starting

Cheers,
Philippe

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Philippe Baret
<philippe.baret@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chals,
>

> Apart from the untranslated man pages, can you also take a look at the
>> already translated documentation and correct any mistakes in terms of
>> vocabulary or wrong expressions, please? I would really apreciate
>> that.
>

> -   any link ? i found this one on google
> http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/live-manual.fr.html
>
> Philippe

Hey,

You must have somehow read my mind because live-manual was precisely
what I was thinking about :)

The link you found is about the wheezy release, so it is a bit "old",
so to speak. The current French translation of live-manual can usually
be found at http://live.debian.net/manual/current/index.fr.html

The original sources to build all those different formats can be found
in the project's git repository, always on the debian-next branch -->
http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-manual.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/debian-next

In the git web interface you can find all the other live-* packages
that the project maintains (live-config, live-boot, live-tools,
live-build...)

Contributing to the project is pretty straight forward:

1- Copy the public commit key:

2- Clone the git repository and switch to the debian-next branch (git
checkout debian-next)

3- Make any changes you want to.

4- Make the commit writing an accurate commit message, for example:
git commit -m "Improving French translation." Important: Always add a
full stop (a dot) at the end of your commit message.

5- git push

The process should be perfectly explained in detail in the document
itself in "Contributing to the project", "Contributing to the document
(Including the translation chapter)" and "The project's git
repositories":

http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual.fr.html#653

http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual.fr.html#44

http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual.fr.html#804

Note: At the end of live-manual there is an interesting appendix
called "Style guide" which deals with guidelines for translations.

These are more or less the steps to follow for live-manual. It is very
similar for the other live-* packages but now that I think about it,
live-manual should also include a short "how to" translate the man
pages, Which is a slightly different thing. (I have just added it to
my todo)

If in doubt, you can send a message to the debian-live mailing list or
join the #debian-live irc channel on OFTC

Thank you very much

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com