Re: Debian Live: no default user?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:03 AM, Borden Rhodes <jrvp@bordenrhodes.com> wrote:
> Greetings. I have the stretch versions of live-build, live-boot and
> live-config on my system.

Hi, keep in mind that the live-* versions in stretch are *testing*
versions and therefore they *might* become chaotic at any time...
without a warning :)

Always use either stable or the latest version available (which are
the only ones supported)

> With thanks,
>
> auto/config:
> #!/bin/sh
> DISTRIBUTION=jessie
>
> set -e
>
> lb config noauto \
>     --clean \
>     --architecture i386 \
>     --linux-flavours "amd64 586" \

Really? As far as I know this is an impossible situation...

>     --distribution ${DISTRIBUTION} \

The testing version should build "stretch" by default. There is no
guarantee it can build jessie

>     --firmware-binary true \
>     --debian-installer live \
>     --memtest memtest86+ \
>     --apt aptitude \
>     --apt-indices false \
>     --apt-recommends false \

If you set your recommends to false you have to supply all necessary
packages for your configuration to work, as advised by live-manual.
You might be missing user-setup (among some other packages) that is
why the live user is not created

>     --archive-areas main contrib non-free \
>     --updates true \
>     --security true \