Help for newbie

Hi,

I'm picking up a project that was originally done by a person who has left my project awhile ago.

He had implemented a live build and left some shell script files for building the ISO with us and I'm not at all familiar with Debian live, so I have been trying to figure out how to run them.

I am also not 100% which version of Debian he was working with, but from testing so far, it looks like it must've been 7.8.

He has a directory structure that looks like:

- <Start directory>
  -- auto
  -- config

In the auto directory, he has several scripts:

build
clean
config

They look like this:

build:

#!/bin/sh

lb build noauto "${@}" 2>&1 | tee binary.log

config:

#!/bin/sh

lb config noauto \
        --hostname xxx \
        --username xxx \
        "${@}"

clean:

#!/bin/sh

lb clean noauto "${@}"
rm -f config/binary config/bootstrap config/chroot config/common config/source
rm -f binary.log

I tried running auto/build:

auto/build xxx (I'm not sure what parameters are needed?)

and it gave me an error saying that "--hostname" and "--username" were not valid.

So, I tried removing the "--" and it seemed to run, and it creates a binary_hybrid.iso which I *can* boot from.

However, I think that they wanted to customize the image and so they have some files and directories in the config/chroot_local-includes directory, but when i do the an auto/build none of that content is appearing anywhere?

Anyway, sorry about the newbie questions.  If I can clarify any of the above information please let me know?

Thanks,
Jim